The Northern California chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino held its annual Welcome Home celebration event on November 11th, 2017 in Oakland.
This year’s presentations included Camino routes “beyond the Francés.” First-time pilgrims and Camino veterans were given the opportunity to share highlights at a gathering, and it was a fun way to learn about less popular routes—off the beaten path. We presented in 10×10 format—ten slides in ten minutes. Seven routes were represented, and I presented on the Camino Inglés. It was challenging for all of us to select our photos and to speak for only ten minutes, because we are all very passionate about our experiences!
10×10 Camino Presentations (PDF)
- Laurie Ferris: Camino Inglés
- Mike Miller: Camino Primitivo
- Leo Halim: Camino Portugués Coastal
- Farah Priela: Le Puy France
- Brien Crothers: Via de la Plata
- Richard Duker: Camino Aragones
- Jason & Susi Jensen: Caminos Norte-Primitivo
There are many waymarked routes throughout Europe all bearing the name ‘Camino de Santiago‘ and all converging on the city named after the Apostle St. James and known as Santiago de Compostela. This map illustrates the 12 main waymarked routes.
Camino Inglés 2017 by Laurie Ferris
Pre-Camino in A Coruña:
- Getting to the Camino Inglés
- A Coruña Beaches
- The Tower of Hercules
- A Coruña Old Town
- A Coruña-Mont San Pedro.
My Camino Inglés Stages (Ferrol to Santiago)
Camino Francés 2017 by Cathy Seitchik Diaz:
Via de la Plata 2016 by Brien Crothers
Camino Portugués 2016 by Laurie Ferris
- Pre-Camino Logistics: Getting from Lisbon to Camino Starting Point
- Bom Caminho: A Ponte de Lima Jazz Serenade
- Walking Day 1: Ponte de Lima to Rubiaes
- Walking Day 2: Rubiaes to Valença
- Walking Day 3: Redondela to Pontevedra
- Night 3: Pontevedra: A Peregrina Paradise
- Walking Day 4: Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis
- Walking Day 5: Caldas de Reis to Padrón
- Walking Day 6: Padrón to Santiago
- Friday night in Santiago
- Santiago Highlights: Hospedería San Martín Pinario, A Pilgrim’s Paradise
- Santiago Highlights: Free Walking Tour and Secretos de Galicia
- Santiago Highlights: Pilgrim Lunch at the Parador
- Santiago Highlights: Plaza del Obradoiro
- Santiago Highlights: The Cathedral, from Roof to Crypt
See My Camino Portugues Stages for post-Camino reflections and Porto memories.
Camino Inglés 2016 by James Portelli:
Be a Camino Route Reporter
If you have plans to walk a Camino and would like to be a Route Reporter for The Camino Provides, contact me. Routes are open for pilgrims with a desire to share useful tips and high quality photos of their Camino. This would be a good platform for those who don’t have a blog of their own and want a publicly visible page to refer to.